SNOW TIME - WOOL TIME

Surprise: snow in Milan this morning!!
I-L-O-V-E-D-I-T!!

Since Winter has knocked earlier on our doors this season I wanted to celebrate it
posting some awesome creations by wool/knit designers that I really like.

In the last few weeks I've been reading and watching to amazing projects around the mentioned subjects and found stunning collections surfing through my favourite blogs.
I have to mention Sandra Backlund who I consider an artist and a genius for her totally innovative approach and soft textured armors.
And Cooperative Designs for the gorgeus colors, patterns and interpretation of folk themes.


Sandra Backlund - Fall Winter 2008 - Photos by Annika Aschberg, Cameralink


Cooperative Designs - Fall Winter 2008

I also desire to mention a very talented Italian designer based in Milano:
Paolo Errico
He has got a peculiar ability to mix very precious materials and textures in neutral or vibrant block colors and in super feminine, fluid silhouettes based on elementary geometrical shapes such as square and circle.
He is definitely one to watch and follow!

Paolo Errico - Fall Winter 2008

1 comment:

LiquiriziaPura said...

Ma che belle! Trovo che queste creazioni di Sandra Backlund siano meravigliose...geometrie avvolgenti, un modo talmente nuovo di pensare la lana che che sembrano quasi delle sculture...mi piace molto...spero solo di non dover andare fino in sweden...